I had a great time right off the bat. Thanks to Tommy's wonderful parents, we were able to fly FIRST CLASS. I was very pleased and satisfied with the trip thus far. I was content with flying for hours eating my ice cream sundae, watching movie after movie with my down comforter, and land back at home. My one trip out of the country to Tijuana did not prepare me for what was in store the next 17 days.
We flew into Venice. It was very hot and we had to haul our luggage 15 minutes to the water taxi. After a 20 minute ride we arrived in one of my favorite destinations on the trip! We stayed in a hotel for three days before having to board the cruise ship. The highlights of Venice were: a gondola ride(which is totally not like the movies... no singing, no privacy, not romantic), eating galatos wandering in awe along the alleys and bridges of Venice, seeing glass blowing and purchasing a vase in Murano, and walking around Burano (loved the bright colored buildings).
We flew into Venice. It was very hot and we had to haul our luggage 15 minutes to the water taxi. After a 20 minute ride we arrived in one of my favorite destinations on the trip! We stayed in a hotel for three days before having to board the cruise ship. The highlights of Venice were: a gondola ride(which is totally not like the movies... no singing, no privacy, not romantic), eating galatos wandering in awe along the alleys and bridges of Venice, seeing glass blowing and purchasing a vase in Murano, and walking around Burano (loved the bright colored buildings).
We boarded our ship in Venice. Our room was on the bottom floor but, had a nice window and close to the elevators. We were very pleased with our location. The ship had it all... a pool, work out room, food around the clock, amazing desserts, dancing, parties, and shows. One of the first nights our waiter at dinner said, "Anything is possible." It was our motto the rest of the trip. Rome, Italy was really neat. Again, I could have stayed many, many days there. It was so cool to see all of the old buildings. There
Florence and Pisa (Livorno), Italy was really neat. We saw the leaning tower and then heading for Florence to do some major shopping, oh and see Michelangelo's "David." We went to where "David" originally stood (there is a replica, the real one is in a museum with a very long line) and then hit the market for shopping. I was on a search for the perfect leather purse. Unfortunately, nothing compared to the one that was back on our boat in one of the shops. I could't get it out of my mind. So, the purse I bought wasn't from Italy... but it was cheaper so Tommy was happy.
We had an unbelievable time. We miss testing gelato in every city and being waited on. But on the other hand, we will not miss hunting for a bathroom and possibly even paying to use it.The only thing I would do different is spend at least 2 days in every location (except Athens). It felt like a tease only have seven hours off the boat for an excursion. Thank you to everyone who may have helped contribute to our fun. I think it would be very hard to top this trip in the future. But... it doesn't hurt to try!
5 comments:
What a lovely couple! Looks like a great trip - next time I think the other parents should come with you....Love you, Mom
Amazing! It makes me want to travel. You look so happy. Which is fabulous. Can't wait to visit with you soon.
So funny...I had just emailed you to tell you we started a blog and an hour later I got your text.
Looks like you guys had an awesome trip.
MISS BLOGGER! I am so excited to read your blog, and finally keep in touch somehow. I know crazy lives but you are just in Utah so we need to get together. When you visit my blog maybe you can visit my school one too. It is so fun and great for parents to see. Well thanks for contacting me, keep up the blogging. I loved the Venice pictures, it sure beats Vegas!
Hey Kels! I was so excited to see that you found your way to my blog! Of course I don't mind! I'll be adding yours to my list so I can check it. I didn't know Tommy served in Barcelona! It was crazy to see that you went to some of the same places we did when we picked up Brad! I think I have a picture with the Gaudi lizard as well! The details he used in the tile work is crazy! Keep in touch please!
Post a Comment