So, I decided to substitute this afternoon since I am off-track. I agreed to help out a fellow teacher at my school, in Kindergarten. Maybe it wasn't such a brilliant idea...
I was thinking they are cute little five and six year olds, I could still sleep in, and it was only three hours. Well, I learned a lot can happen in three hours. I have always thought that Kindergarten teachers should get paid more than the rest of us because of all the extra work they have to do, but I didn't realize all the "extras" that they had too.
To get to the point, in three hours the class managed to get two bloody/fat lips (nurse worthy injuries) and one pee her pants and fill her shoes! There is definitely too much for me to deal with in Kindergarten and it would have to be a pretty big favor to see my face in there again. I like my big Second Graders (two more years makes a HUGE difference)!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cute blog! I'll be checking it frequently! Love ya :)
Yeah, Kindergarten is a rough age! Right now I am doing some practicum teaching in first grade...they're cute but you have to deal with nose pickers and germs being rubbed all over the classroom...yuck!
Oh yes...kindergarten is a handfull! I remember having to do art lessons with those little ones. It was intense!
Post a Comment